Sunday, July 23, 2006

Tiara Tara

Only because I'm a huge fan of Project Runway am I spending my Sunday evening watching the Miss Universe pageant. The winning design on the second challenge of Project Runway 3 will be worn by Miss USA, Tara Connor. This show is so bad it's almost good. Not quite, though.

The hosts are Nancy O'Dell (of Access Hollywood) and Carlos Ponce (he's so sexy, but I have a thing for Spanish men). And the always annoying Carson Kressley (Queer Eye For The Straight Guy) has to act like he's best of buds w/ Miss USA 2004 Shandi Finnessey while doing commentary. Shandi seems to only be able to make jokes about his sexual preference, and he seems slightly annoyed. The judges, as you'd expect, are full of washed up celebrities (be them actors or sports stars) and past reality TV contestants that are looking to extend their 15 minutes of fame.

They just had the evening gown competition, and I have to say that Miss USA did not work her dress. Right now, as most of the audience seems to be doing, I'm rooting for Miss Mexico.

Since I'm taking my time, Miss Mexico has failed to make it into the top five. But, Kayne (of Project Runway 3) is thrilled right now, I'm sure, because Miss USA made it. Although I do find it slightly suspicious that she made it this far. Part of me thinks that since GE owns NBC and Bravo, they made sure that she made it in.

One thing I did notice about the dress is that it made Tara Tiara actually look taller than she really is. At 5'2", she is one of the shortest Miss USAs ever. The gown did an excellent job of giving the illusion she's taller. Here's Tiara Tara (fourth runner-up for Miss Universe) wearing the winning design...



But the winner of Miss Universe is...


Miss Puerto Rico


sigh...I just watched the Miss Universe pageant. Could I be any more gay?

No comments: