Sunday, July 23, 2006

Like It Or Not III

The deadline is Tuesday and I don't think that I'm going to have it done in time for my friend's birthday. Scratch that - I KNOW that I will not have it finished. Thankfully, I don't believe I'll see him until Friday, so that buys me some more time. Honestly, though, I really have to be in the mood to draw, and I haven't been lately. I forced myself to work on it yesterday and it just isn't turning out like I want it to. Although, after looking at the picture below, there are certain aspects of the drawing that I thought weren't working that, at least in the pic, actually look much better (the hand especially). It isn't one of my best, but I'm contributing most of the reason to working on illustration board as opposed to my sketchbook.

This is also a challenge for me because I'm forcing myself to draw beyond the face. Drawing anything below the neck has always been difficult for me. Aside from having trouble w/ proportion, I've also had trouble making it look as believable as the face. Even if this turns out to be kind of blah, at least I'm pushing myself out of my "safe" territory.



Feel free to let me know what you think...

No comments: