Tuesday, July 11, 2006

On The Run

It was my second night of walking...I'm gradually building my way back up to jogging since I'm so out of shape. I almost didn't go tonight, because today was particularly stressful. But I went, and I'm glad I did. While I'm not completely relieved of my stress, it's far better than before I went.

I still miss the uneven dirt trail and the scenery (no, not just hot guys) of Houston's Memorial Park...


But I am beginning to enjoy Katy Trail here in Dallas...


One thing that Memorial Park didn't have (although it may have one now for all I know) was a Starbucks. Katy Trail runs through residential and business areas, and, in particular, leads right into Knox Street. There are lots of restaurants and shops here, as well as my evening Starbucks...


Right now, I'm walking maybe a total of 3 miles (not exactly sure), and Starbucks just happens to be at the halfway mark. So I stop in and treat myself to an iced tea green tea. Of course, eventually, I won't be stopping at all. At least that is the plan. I want to be back to jogging the entire three miles. Hopefully even more.

Well, I am exhausted. Today was a long day and I am going to get up early tomorrow, so I'm going to hit the sack. I hope all of you have a good evening.

Sweet dreams

1 comment:

gayborhood gringo said...

Of course! And, as I mentioned in a previous post, the Apple Store is on my route. I like this, cause I always had problems w/ my old one, so I would just stop in there. Very convenient!