Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Best In Show

The third installment of Project Runway debuted tonight, and, I'm somewhat disappointed. This may just be that it is so soon after the last season. Or it could be that none of the designers really stand out. The "outrageous" ones seem to be watered down version of past contestants, and, for some reason, Rick Moranis is not only on the show, he's survived the first round (w/ the below dress, no less).



The two that stand out are:


Keith - My first impression of this guy was that he was cute. When compared to the other guys on the show, he's REALLY cute. After a few minutes, though, I noticed he does this thing w/ his head and neck that remind me of a turtle. So now that's all I can think of when I look at him. He may have also won the first round, but I can tell it's gonna go to his head. He's so arrogant and full of himself. I foresee some drama in the future.








Robert Best - He's adorable and cute in a not-my-type kind of way. He's also witty and sarcastic (in a good way), so, in other words, your typical gay man. He's also a spiffy little designer (he designs for Barbie). He came in second, but I really enjoyed his dress, so I hope he sticks around.










In the end, Stacey (who I know nothing about except that she started working in fashion just three years ago) was out


Auf Wiedersehen!




Winner (Keith)/Loser (Stacey)

3 comments:

TCho said...

I thought Michael Knight and that coffee filter dress should have won the challenge. Keith's looked good, but that coffee filter thing was so creative in my opinion.

Like your blog.

Adam said...

Eeeeew Keith was so nasty. Jeff cmon now. The second guy is wayyyy cuter and has a great bod it looks like too.

The coffee filter dress was nice but I felt like it was something that I've seen before and looked like something that you could just find anywhere.

This season is going to be cool I think, I really like the mix of designers.

gayborhood gringo said...

I believe I said my FIRST impressions of Keith was that he was cute. Of course, upon closer inspection, I thought otherwise.

I agree w/ you Adam, the coffee filter dress has been done before. Not as innovative as the designer thought it was. It wasn't bad, though, just not the best. Best's was the best. ;op