Thursday, July 27, 2006

Endless Celestial Sex

Kalvin over at Hello Waffles posted this, and I felt compelled to steal it from him. I had some friends that were Mormon missionaries. Once they knew that I was gay and that trying to convert me was hopeless, they were actually down to earth and amazing people. However, when they talk religion, it's very secretive. For instance, they will only give you partial answers to some questions. My favourite that we would pose was "how many Gods do you believe in?" Of course, they say only one...Jesus Christ. But then you probe a little more and you find out that they believe that you become Gods. But they won't phrase it like that, because they don't want to you to think that they believe that there is more than one God. They say, "oh, well, you have the potential to be like God." Basically, unless I'm totally off base here, they worship one God, but they believe in more than one. Which, to me, makes it not really Christianity as they say they are.

I'm honestly not trying to bad mouth the religion, I just think that maybe they should be less secretive. I think they don't let gentiles (as non-Mormons are referred to as by Mormons) know certain things simply because, quite frankly, a lot of it looks pretty bad. I mean, come on, it is kind of difficult for me to believe that Joseph Smith is a prophet and that only he was able to view the golden tablets or whatever. They also did not allow black people in their organization until not too long ago. You'll see in the video where they believe black people came from. This video is not only informative, it's also hilarious!

Here's Kalvin's post...

This video will show you what Mormons believe. There are several inconsistencies in that what is "official" Mormon doctrine today does not deny most of these statements, but it simply takes no position. Mormon prophets have said all of these other things. People will tell you that you need to research, but if you do, you will find these accurate. Enjoy!

No comments: