Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Holding Out For A Hero

I told Adam, Brad and Kim that I would be seeing The Devil Wears Prada with them very soon, and, to my surprise, that came much sooner than even I had thought it would. Yes, I saw it for the second time in as many days. And to be honest, it was actually better the second time around. I'm already anxious to see it for a third time.

But before I saw Devil again, I saw Superman Returns with K. He grew up watching the original Superman and Batman movies, and, of course, believing he was them. To the point that he put on a Superman outfit, and, believing he posessed all the powers that came with the outfit, took flight from the roof of his house. He got off with only some cuts and scratches. Back to my point I was trying to make...I tend to get sidetracked very easily. He was super pumped to see this new installment; however, never having gotten into any of the Superman movies, was just praying that I wouldn't be bored out of my mind. I was anything but. Yes, I found myself completely swept up in this movie. Okay, yes, I have one minor complaint (as I always do)...

WHAT THE FUCK WAS UP WITH LOUIS LANE? Aside from the train wreck that was Kate Bosworth, the Louis character, well, could have survived a train wreck and walked away looking flawless. Am I the only one that noticed this? I mean, for god's sake, she was tossed around the plane in the beginning, yet, when they finally "landed", she 1) had no bruises, cuts or scratches and 2) looked stunning (no hair out of place even). Later, she has a friggin thick metal door slam down on her head, and she wakes up as though nothing happened (sans any bumps or bruises, of course).

Okay, I got that out of the way. Aside from Lois Lane, I LOVED the movie. Bryan Singer did an amazing job of making Superman iconic. By the end, I felt like a little kid, getting all excited over all the action sequences. I don't think any movie has made me feel that way. At least none that I remember. Wow...two really good movies delivered within one week? Lets hope Hollywood can keep this up.

I do realize that I'm not a critic by any means, and that this page isn't about movies. It's just that both movies were so good that I couldn't not write something about them. As Mirand would say...

That's All

No comments: