Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Woman Scorned

I've become increasingly annoyed by the increasing number of tabloid pop songs being churned out. I am referring to songs whose subject matter isn't fully understood unless you keep up with tabloids. These would be What's Left Of Me by Nick Lachey, Confessions Of A Broken Hear (Daughter To Father) by Lindsay Lohan and A Public Affair by Jessica Simpson to name a few. However, occasionally, a song comes along that is actually worth listening to (think Cry Me A River by Justin Timberlake). It's rare, but it does happen. And it is usually by someone who isn't a tabloid starlett first and a singer second (*ahem*Jessica Simpson*ahem*).

Enter Ring The Alarm by Beyonce. It's easy to tell that this song is aimed squarely at Jay Z and Rihanna and their alleged dalliance. I actually first listened to the track several weeks ago, but, not being a huge Beyonce fan (I don't dislike her, I just don't care for a lot of her songs), I only gave it one listen through. I didn't particularly care for it at the time, but then came across the video last week. That sealed it for me. I loved the song. She is seriously pissed off, and it shows...I highly doubt she's that good of an actor. Anyway, check it out:

No comments: