Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Along The Way

Today I stayed home from work. I have felt like shit every day (but Sunday) since Thursday. My allergies put me through hell right around this time every year. But that's beside the point. I haven't seen anyone outside of work since last Wednesday, but today during one of my walks I ran into an old friend. Tim was the therapist my ex and I went to for couples therapy, then, post break-up, my ex's therapist. It was very fitting considering this is the one year "anniversary". Almost to the day, if not the actual day. We spent a few minutes catching up while I waited on my drink at Starbucks (venti 6-Splenda green tea iced). It was a pleasant conversation and it was actually nice to see him outside of the usual element.

The point of this post is that he made a couple comments that really brightened my day. He said I looked amazing and that he barely recognized me. The last time he saw me, I weighed 210. Now, I'm 40+ lbs lighter. The biggest compliment that he paid me was that I actually look happy. He had never seen me that way, and was really taken aback. It really made me think, though. These past twelve months have honestly been the happiest I've ever been.

It probably seems like I'm boasting, but it really felt nice to have someone compliment me that I know wasn't just paying me lip service. It really made my day. Well, enough about me...

2 comments:

VJnet said...

Here is some finger service:

Glad ti hear that you are having a happy year you disserve it :)
Whoa! Congrats on shedding the lbs and getting in shape. I can't imagine you with an extra 40+ from the pics I've seen :)
Hope you feel better. Can't you take meds for your allergies ;)

gayborhood gringo said...

Thanks for the comps vj. As far as meds, I am taking them. I have an antiobiotic, Allegra D, etc. Thankfully it's just a once a year occurence.