Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Should Have Known

Once again, we had dinner and watched Project Runway 3 over at Adam and Brad's flat. This time around, though, I prepared dinner. Adam may refer to it as something else, but the dish I whipped up is called Za'atar Chicken. Za'atar is an Arabic spice blend. I also made fattoush as a side (it's kind of a salad, but w/ cucumbers, tomatoes, scallions, pita bread, parsley, mint, etc.). Adam said it was good, and I think it came out well. Maybe I was expected more after having read reviews from other who made it where they were raving about how fantastic a dish this is. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but probably not something that I would make for a dinner party again. It is definitely very simple to make, once you find the za'atar, that is. You just take some chicken, coat it w/ some olive oil (not extra virgin) and then rub the za'atar on it. Let it sit for at least a couple hours in the fridge, then pop it in the oven for 45 minutes on 425F.

Alas, I should have known that Kim would once again not show up. I'm beginning to take this whole thing personal, because she is not showing up only on nights that I'm preparing dinner. I really don't think my cooking is that bad, but, maybe it is.

Kim - I'll be saving the two pieces of chicken that would have been yours for next week. You know, just like I did w/ the salmon.

As for Project Runway 3, I'll post about it tomorrow. I will say that it ended on a dull note, although Angela managed to shock me once again.

1 comment:

Daddy Cool said...

PR had its moments. I'm loving Laura the bad mommy!