Monday, August 21, 2006

Save Room

So I was a bad boy and neglected my blog over the weekend, despite having ample time to sit down and write something. Aside from a night of debauchery on Saturday, I kept a relatively low profile. I’ve been debating something, and was kind of in a foul mood for most of the weekend because of it.

I also rearranged my apartment a little. My dining room has been wasted space for a year now, and my room has become far too cramped for my liking. I moved my dining room table into the kitchen for some extra surface space, and then hauled my computer desk into the dining room to convert it into an office.

Since I don’t believe I’m going to be getting the dog after all (I really want the dog, but the people I would be getting it from didn’t bring it up with them when they came up to visit my friend), I’m going to take an excursion up to IKEA. I want a drawing table, as I’m constantly deterred from working on my pieces due to lack of a large enough surface. I also need a new area rug for my living room. The one I have is white, so it constantly looks dirty no matter how often I clean it. And, depending on how much money I get back from my deposit on the apartment I had with an ex, I may just get an armchair or two for the living room. All I have now is a small couch, so I am in need of additional seating for guests.

Of course, all that will change if I do end up getting the dog. I’m going to talk to my friend tonight to see if he thinks it is still a possibility that his father will visit this weekend. I’d really prefer the dog over the additional furniture, cause I know I’m going to dread my next move. Ha.

No comments: