Wednesday, August 30, 2006

From A Whole Other Universe (a/k/a - Happy Birthday Adam)

Technically, Adam's birthday isn't until tomorrow, but I baked him a cake and forced him to celebrate a day early. In honor of his 26th birthday, and because I'm just far too emotionally drained from jury duty (I'll hopefully be able to post about it tomorrow!) to write anything lengthy, this post will be told with pictures (and captions). Sorry, not lengthy Project Runway recap. You'll understand why I'm just not in the mood after I post about the case I'm a juror for.

Adam The Giant!

Adam, ever the Diva, growing impatient at how long it was taking me to light the candles

Apparently, my moving at a glacial pace displeases the whiny diva

Adam is presented with a piece (of cake) offering by me

He accepts by blowing the candles out

Unfortunately, his wish didn't come true...Mr. Bush still exists

Here's a little something I like to refer to as bi-polar Adam

Adam is happy one second

All Martha fuckin' Stewart the next

And now for some video footage...poor Adam had no idea I was recording this until the very end. Sadly, it cut off before his big reaction.


As for Project Runway...The designers were told that they would be designing for a hip jetsetter. Little did they know that the jetsetter would actually be them! They were to design an outfit for them if they traveled around the world hopping from party to party. Something that is comfortable enough to wear for several hours on the plane, something that travels well (doesn't get all wrinkly) and that, of course, looks hip. Most of the designers did pretty well on this challenge, with, once again, the exception of Vincent, Angela and Kayne. Kayne is proving his limitations and lack of high fashion (it's the beauty pagaent queen in him), so I don't suspect that he will be around for too much longer. Angela's was just a complete mess. It had far too many rosettes (her signature) and two big ass ones on, well, her ass.

Before the announced the winning and losing designs, Heidi informed them that they will be flying somewhere. After packing and arriving at the airport, they are informed that they will be going to Paris. Once in Paris, they are taken to Parsons Paris, where their outfits (which they had to wear from the time they left the runway until this point) were judged a final time for some famous (I didn't recognize her) French designer. She will be judging on how well it travelled. She announces that Jeffrey has won the challenge (but, once again, Michael was a close second). The bottom two are Kayne and Angela. She tells Kayne that he looks like a fake pop star and ridiculous. Angela is informed that is just from a whole other universe and is not a jetsetter. Angela is out. Before you uncork that bottle of champagne, let me remind you that Vincent is still in.

Winning Design/Losing Design



Auf Wiedersehen!

2 comments:

Knute123 said...

Thank you for taking care of my favorite friend on his birthday. You're a sweetheart.

DanNation said...

The birtday party looked fun, and my birthday wish would have been BOTH Angela and Vince off the show.