Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Keep Your Ego In Check

There is yet another bitchfest brewing thanks to this past Sunday's Grammy ceremony. Aretha Franklin is apparently not happy that Beyonce referred to (God forbid) someone else as The Queen at the beginning of her performance with the legendary Tina Turner. The soul singer has released the following statement, "I am not sure of whose toes I may have stepped on or whose ego I may have bruised between the Grammy writers and Beyonce, However, I dismissed it as a cheap shot for controversy."

Sounds to me like you're the only one working on stirring up some so-called controversy Ms. Franklin. I don't care how many records you've sold, how well you sing or how big of a diva you are...none of that entitles you to be the only person referred to as The Queen. I say you check your ego at the door and get over your jealous self.

2 comments:

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Aretha is an icon, but she hasn't been able to sing worth crap in about 10 years - she's gotten WAY too fat!

Adam said...

He looked like shit in that yellow dress too. Tina, on the other hand was, as always, FIERCE!