Friday, February 08, 2008

All I Wanna Do Is BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

I have no idea why, but I avoided M.I.A.'s album, Kala, when it was released last year. The more accolades thrown at it, the more I resisted. Which is so unlike me. I actually think I did give a song or two a brief listen to, but it was pointless since I had already convinced myself that I wouldn't like it. Then last month Of Montreal covered Jimmy, her big hit from the album that landed on almost every year-end list. I thought if they liked her, maybe I should give her another shot. And while I've yet to get the album, I'm falling hard for the single Paper Planes.

The song is about refugees and immigrants, how most people today tend to think that they serve no other purpose other than to take money and leech off society. She really leaves it up to your own interpretation, but it's aimed at the money-obsessed American culture.






For additional songs and info, check her out on MySpace. To support her, buy her work on iTunes using the appropriate link below:

M.I.A.
US
M.I.A.
UK
M.I.A.
Sweden

No comments: