Thursday, August 02, 2007

Growing Like...

I spent last evening introducing myself to Showtime's critical darling Weeds via the new season. Four episodes in (and thankfully no Olsen twin in sight) and I must say it proves to be as addictive as I'm sure the drug is (that's right, I've never tried it).

For anyone else that hasn't watched it before, I found it to be easily accessible despite not knowing anything beyond the premise. If you don't even know that, here's a quick summary: Nancy Botwin's husband dies suddenly. She finds herself in need of a job that will support her current lifestyle, so she resorts to dealing marijuana to her fellow suburbanites.

Mary-Louise Parker is brilliant as dealer/mom Nancy Botwin. The remainder of the cast also shine, especially Elizabeth Perkins (Celia) and Kevin Nealon (Doug).

The third season is set to debut on Showtime on August 13, 2007.

No comments: