Friday, August 03, 2007

Bionic Woman

So I have seen the pilot episode of the new Bionic Woman, and I must say that Sarah Corvus (the first bionic woman, played by Katee Sackhoff) said it best, "you've got to do better than that." Maybe I'm being a little harsh. The show wasn't awful or even bad. I think this will appeal to the audience that it is directed toward, and that's really all that matters. And I am not ruling out watching it again, it just won't be appointment television.

Why do I think I couldn't get into this show right off the bat? Because, unlike Jaime Sommers (Michelle Ryan/new bionic woman), I didn't forget that before she was in the accident (which resulted in her boyfriend performing the operation that turns her into the bionic woman) she had just revealed to Will (the aforementioned boyfriend) that she was pregnant! Granted, she wakes up freaked out by what has happened to her, but even after that sinks in she still doesn't reflect on the loss of her child. Unless the unborn child somehow survived the crash despite her needing a new arm and legs. Sometimes I'm able to overlook stuff like that, but this apparently isn't one of them.

Regardless of how I feel about it, I still think Adam will enjoy it.

No comments: