Thursday, June 28, 2007

Elizabeth: The Golden Age

Finally, a sequel that I'm actually looking forward to! I had no idea that it was even in the works nor did I ever think that there would be a follow up to the 1997 original. Cate Blanchett and Geoffrey Rush are sure to be phenomenal, as they are in nearly every film they have ever been in. Lets hope that director Shekhar Kapur can keep this in the same fashion as it's predecessor and out of the typical sequel syndrome. You know, more of a Godfather, Part II. Viewing the trailer I have already noticed the use of special effects, and, honestly, I'm none too thrilled since it was so noticeable. Computer generated effects, for me at least, can really take away from a film. If you can get away without using them, then do it. Don't just do it because you can. Anyway, here's the trailer for Elizabeth: The Golden Age...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea this was in the works. Looking forward to it. I love Cate B.