Monday, June 18, 2007

Bittersweet

This weekend was particular rough on me, and I'll be the first to admit that I have only myself to blame. Okay, maybe not entirely, but I am responsible for how I let things affect me.

Friday night my ex (and a good friend) calls to let me know that his new boyfriend is in town. He wants me to meet him and says that he needs my approval. That was sweet, although entirely unnecessary. I agreed to meet them since I would already be going out with my friend T. Unfortunately, by the time my ex made his way out, T had bailed for the night and I was stuck to face them on my own. His new boyfriend is a nice guy. He's very sweet and seems to really care about H (my ex). Meeting him was entirely fine, but then they started kissing in front of me. If you ask me, that wasn't very thoughtful and just plain rude. While I am no longer in love w/ H, it doesn't make it any easier to watch something like that. It stung. Not that this is a competition or anything (it isn't), but I did sting more because I've been alone since we broke up over a year-and-a-half-ago.

Yeah, so I'm a little depressed right now. Partially because I just can't seem to get a date. Okay, that's not entirely true. I have had a few guys knocking on my door, but none of which are remotely my type. They assume I like a certain type of guy simply because of the friends I hang out with. But I digress. I did ask someone out last week; however, I can't get them to call me back or agree to a day despite them telling me that they really would like to go out w/ me. Actually, that's become the norm these days and probably the reason that I'm so frustrated. The last several guys have all told me that they want to go out with me but then nothing ever materializes.

I'm starting to feel sorry for myself now, so I'm going to wrap this up. If it isn't raining, hopefully a nice five mile walk will do me some good today after work.

6 comments:

Brettcajun said...

Hold your head up Jeff. You are an attractive guy. You are either a tad too picky OR you wait for everyone to make the first moves. You have to be a little more aggressive in your feelings and desires or people will just assume you are not interested. You can't keep your emotions locked up in a vault all the time.

That was tacky for your Ex and his new beau to make out in front of you. That is so trailer.

gayborhood gringo said...

I admit to being too picky (that's not a bad thing) and waiting for others to make the first move. However, with the last few guys that I mentioned, I made the first move and made certain they knew I was interested. Maybe I come on too strong.

It's all for the best, really. I will soon by starting school and won't have much time for a boyfriend. I've just been missing that companionship lately, that's all. That, and today has just been a stressful one from the get go. I'm trying to perk up now that it's half-way over.

Thanks Brett

GayProf said...

Consciously or unconsciously, it sounds like your ex is playing some screwed up mind games. If he really cared about your opinion so much to need your approval, he wouldn't have started making with the new bf. Whatever -- You don't need that crap in your life.

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Chin up, handsome! I've been there and done that and things will get easier - trusting that that is the case is the hardest part.

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

P.S. - I totally agree with what brettcajun said, too!

Daddy Cool said...

aaw, hope you're feeling better today. It's ok to feel kind of crappy now and then.

/ big hug