Thursday, June 14, 2007

Don't Stop Believin'

I finally got around to watching the finale to The Soprano's last night. If you remember, I gave up cable and internet, so I had to spend some time at a local coffee shop downloading the episode.

I must say that Phil's murder had to be one of the funniest things that I have seen in a while. That man's reaction to Phil's head being crushed and splattered all over the gas station lot, "OH SHIT!" was PRICELESS. I had to watch it over and over and over. And then a few more times after that. As for the ending, it was one of, if not the, best ending to a series that I have ever seen. They didn't wrap it up with a nice little bow or kill everyone off, but instead left it open to interpretation. In true Soprano's fashion, it was remarkably suspensful. Meadow's difficulty parallel parking her car only added to it. I half expected her running late to result in her walking into the diner to find Tony and/or her family murdered. Alas, that wasn't the case. Or was it? The only one who knows for sure is creator David Chase. It blacked out with Tony looking up as someone walked through the door. Frustrating and satisfying at the same time.

Alas, the ending has resulted in numerous parodies sprouting up across the internet. Here's one of the funnier ones:

No comments: