Tuesday, November 06, 2007

To Clarify...

I plan on moving to NYC because I love the city. It is the only place I have ever felt completely at ease. Despite it being one of the busiest cities in the world, it has a calming effect on me.

No, I am not moving for a boy. The only time I could see myself moving for someone else is if I were already in a committed relationship and was in love with them. I already moved once for a boy (here to Dallas) and I've learned from that mistake. Ultimately, I'm thrilled that I moved here because it has brought some amazing people into my life, but my reason for initially moving here was not a good one.

And I also don't plan on actually living in Manhattan. I'm fine with residing in Brooklyn or New Jersey. And I already have a roommate lined up. Again, not the boy, it's a friend I've known for several years now.

3 comments:

GayProf said...

I fully support any gay man's decision to leave Texas.

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Excellent!

Hope you didn't mind the advice - but I have a lot of experience in this area (and lived in NYC). AND, a friend of mine recently relocated from Seattle to NYC (he's 38 and always wanted to live there), and, though he got a transfer from his company and makes a really good salary, he's been shocked at how not far his money goes - all the Broadway shows he thought he'd see, the hot restaurants he thought he'd eat in and the shopping he could do - not happening. Of course, he's fairly happy anyway, just surprised, that's all. Plus, he lives in Manhattan, and pays $1900 a month for studio in Hell's Kitchen. I guess, for me, if I couldn't live In Manhattan, or maybe Brookyln, I'd not see the point...but that is just me!

gayborhood gringo said...

zacko - I don't mind the advice at all. Fortunately, I'm already well aware of how expensive it is to live there. Thankfully, my desires to move there have nothing to do w/ things like attending a Broadway production or eating at a new and/or hot restaurant. Or anything else of that nature. There is plenty of stuff to do for free there. And I'm happy to just walk around and feed off the energy that the city generates.

I don't think I'll ever be able to afford living in Manhattan, so thankfully I'm fine with living nearby. My first choice is Brooklyn, but I'd even reside in Hoboken, Jersey City or Queens if it meant carrying out my biggest dream.