Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The New Girls In Town

What's the best show on television that you probably aren't watching? No, it's not on premium cable channels HBO or Showtime. It's not even on regular cable channels such as FX. Surprisingly, it's on ABC and on Friday nights. Women's Murder Club was labeled a guilty pleasure before it even aired, and I'm not about to dispute that. It sounds like it belongs on Lifetime, but it's actually an engaging, entertaining series.

The only reason I even gave it a chance was because of my crush (yes, I said it) on lead actress Angie Harmon(she's gorgeous, and I love her raspy voice...very sexy), but it has turned out to be highly addictive. For the most part, the stories are not far-fetched and the main characters actually have a life outside of work. Okay, Inspector Lindsay Boxer's (Angie Harmon) life is work even when she isn't working, but I digress. In fact, the only complaint I have about the series is that of regular Cindy Thomas (played by Aubrey Dollar), the reporter. It's one thing to give her a photographic memory, but it's another to have her know every thing about every person involved in every case. And the girl is everywhere and apparently never has to go into the office for her actual job. I don't know when she has even had time to do her real job. I know, whenever pointless things like this occur, it's best to remind myself that it is only a television show. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't keep me up at night or anything. Besides, if I can come up with only one complaint, that's a good thing.

So next time you find yourself home on a Friday evening trying to figure out what to watch, flip over to ABC at 9:00/8:00c.

No comments: