Monday, November 12, 2007

Put Your Records On 07.43

I have been a bit absent from this blog over the past few weeks, but, I have been enjoying what little time I left before returning to school. No wild partying or anything of that nature, just spending time with friends that I will most likely see much less of as a result of my studies. I am now gearing up for what should be a most interesting trip to NYC later in the week. A little nervous, but what would life be without taking chances? Besides, I'm a romantic and could not pass up an opportunity like this.

Speaking of romance, I have been overwhelmed with new music lately. I've been courting so many songs, but I've fallen in love with the album, The Flying Club Cup. The second release from Beirut is nothing short of breathtaking. At the ripe young age of twenty-one, Zach Condon imbues his work with unexpected heart and passion that it almost catches you off guard. I'll admit to being a little shocked, but some people are just older spirits. The first release from the set is Nantes and, of course, is my favourite song of the moment. I have a feeling this will hold that title for a while, along w/ all the other tracks. Enjoy...



He takes a refreshing approach to the video, as well. It only made me love the song more.



If you like this band, please check out more of their work on iTunes:


Beirut
US

Beirut
UK

Beirut
Spain

Beirut
France

No comments: