Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Past In Present 07.10

Texas is an immensely popular Scottish band fronted by Sharleen Spiteri (pictured). While their last album, 2005's Red Book, was a critic's darling and a return to form, it didn't fare as well as it should have. Every track off it was nothing short of brilliant, catchy pop that was guilty-free listening. My favourite song from them still to this day has to be the song that introduced not only me but also the US to them, Say What You Want (from their 1997 release White On Blonde). It was a top 40 hit and, to my knowledge, their only success on this side of the pond.



If you like what you hear, check out more from this artist over on iTunes:


Texas
US

Texas
UK

Texas
France

Texas
Spain

2 comments:

Unknown said...

happy turkey day

Daddy Cool said...

I loved Say What You Want. I wondered what happened to them.