Monday, October 29, 2007

Taking Chances

I'm a hopeless romantic, so, yes, I love cheesy and romantic chick flicks. My NYC guy and I have been talking nearly every day since we met earlier this month. It's surprising to me that he's maintained interest for this long considering the earliest I'll be able to move there is December 2008. It hasn't been as easy for him as it has for me (not that it has been easy, but he's younger and hornier), so I'm trying to plan a surprise visit for mid-November. I wouldn't even consider it if I didn't have enough miles saved up for a free plane ticket, but, since I do, I'm all for it. Of course, I need to spend as little money as possible and am trying to find a decent hotel in the city. It's proving to be rather difficult.

So, if you know anyone who would be able to get me a great deal on a hotel room for one night (I'm thinking 11/17/07), please let me know.

1 comment:

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

OK, so I am a bit out of the loop here. You met someone in NYC? Cool. Either your surprise will scare him to death, or he'll love it. Either way I hope you are not planning to move there even partially because of a guy, and if you DO move there, make sure you have a lot of $$ on hand and/or a place to crash and/or a good paying job waiting. ;-) Trust me, I'm from that area and I know NYC well...have friends and family there, too. I'm not saying not to do it, but just to do it for the right reasons and PLAN WELL. NYC is an awesome place, but there is little room for error if you want to make it work. Also know that you'll need to at least DOUBLE your current salary to even begin to maintain your current lifestyle (i.e. - if you are barely making it on $40,000 where you are, you'll need $80,000 to be barely making it there). Just some thoughts from a likely uninformed observer. Of course, if you are cool living in NJ and commuting to NYC, or having 5 roommates, then that's different. ;-)