Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Put Your Records On 07.39

It seems that breaking up with Kelly Clarkson has its benefits. Graham Colton has a batch of ballads about love (mostly lost) that could easily be all about his relationship with her.

I've singled out one track for your listening pleasure, though. I was drawn to it because it made me recall one of my favourite episodes of Grey's Anatomy. Back in season two, there was a train wreck that left a man and a woman connected via a steel rod through their chests. The woman is worse off and knows that she is most likely not going to make. While they try to hold off until her fiance arrives (his flight was delayed), they end up having to rush into surgery if anyone was going to survive. Since she knows she won't make it, she has McDreamy relay a message to her fiance once he arrives. It was something along the lines of, "If love was enough, I'd still be here." Now I don't typically get all weepy over stuff like that, especially since that particular scene wasn't all that. But all the scenes with the dying woman leading up to that were enough to get me all teary eyed.

After all is said and done, this song could easily be heard on a future episode of Grey's. So here's my song of the week...

Artist: Graham Colton
Album: Here Right Now
Track: If Love Was Enough


<br /><bgsound src="http://www.hddweb.com/65155/If_Love_Was_Enough.mp3"><br />

Pick up the album on October 30, 2007 here in the US. If you're interested in hearing more from this artist, use the iTunes links below:


Graham Colton
US Only

No comments: