Monday, October 01, 2007

Here Take My Sweater

Apple's latest iPod Nano commercial has sent Feist's worthy 1,2,3,4 skyrocketing up the charts these past couple weeks, so why should they be the only company helping boost sales for a musician?

Since I've opted to download most of the shows I watch, I haven't really watched television for a while. In fact, I've gone without turning on the tube since May. However, last night I caught, of all things, an Old Navy commercial. The visual is typical, but the song playing is what made me take notice. Actually, it wasn't so much the song as it was the voice. It's soft, enchanting and it got stuck in my head.

I was taking a look at the top songs on iTunes and one track seemed somewhat out of place. While I may not have listened to them, I typically recognize artist/group names. But Ingrid Michaelson wasn't registering, so I double clicked to give it a listen to. Turns out it is the song from the commercial. While Feist is currently at #4 with all the heavy promotion, Ingrid has climbed up to #18 without even being mentioned (from what I could tell) on the commercial.




Check her out via iTunes:

Ingrid Michaelson - Girls and Boys - The Way I Am

1 comment:

Jin's Blog said...

I love this song. It also caught my attention while the TV was on in the background. And after seeing her pic for the first time (I Google'd her name and your blog came up), she reminds me a lot of Lisa Loeb from the 90s. Thanks for sharing the music. I'll definitely have to look for that on iTunes later.