Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Back On

A few weeks ago, I ran into a slight financial predicament that made me come to the decision to push school back by a couple months. I wouldn't have been able to afford both my trip to London and my first school payment since they were both due at the same time. That wasn't really the issue, though. It was that some money I had planned to go toward my savings had to be directed elsewhere, leaving me with just enough to barely get by during my week overseas. Instead of spending the next couple months stressing over it, I decided it would be in my best interest to delay school. I didn't want to, but I couldn't come up with another option since I can't get a loan on my own (bad credit from some mistakes I made in my younger days).

However, I was thinking about it yesterday and figured that it would be worth a shot to see if the school would be able to work with me. Since I was meeting a friend for dinner in that area, I stopped by to speak to admissions after work yesterday. Thankfully, they postponed by first payment until I return from my vacation and my second payment will also be slightly delayed. Then I get back on track. So now starting in January is back on and I couldn't be more excited. And scared. Not sure how I'm going to afford it, but I'll find a way.

1 comment:

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Why can't you get financial aid?