Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sia Later

Last night I saw Sia in concert. It has been many months since my last one, so I wanted to make sure that it was going to be a good one. And it was. It was also the last leg of their North American tour, so the atmosphere was relaxed and you could tell that everyone had really had fun together.

I had my doubts about the opening act, though. The last time I saw Har Mar Superstar was about seven years ago and his performance was less than stellar. The only images that I retained were of him in nothing but his undies and a cape running around the stage. Maybe I just didn't get it back then or maybe he's really improved. Either way, he was fucking awesome last night. At one point he jumped off the stage and ventured over to one of the bars. I was returning from the restroom and nearly ran into him. Thank GOD I didn't, that man was dripping with sweat. Funny to watch, not to touch. I managed to get some video of him before being told to turn off the video (which takes place when the camera is lowered)



He's a riot and definitely got the crowd going and pumped for Sia. Let me just say, her voice is stunning. What you see is this goofy, child-like girl playing around on stage and then she starts to sing with this unexpected force. Deep, rich and divine.

I managed to record several songs; unfortunately, not all of them turned out to be visually appealing. Because I was sneaking video, I had to be very discreet. That meant I wasn't always able to watch what I was filming. While the audio was brilliant (I love my camera if only for that nice feature), I'm refraining from posting the videos where the camera takes a liking to the back of some lady's head and then the lights above. haha. Two videos were presentable. The first I'm displaying is her encore. It's a Zero 7 song whose name I am unaware of. If you know it, please share with me.



And now for the song she is most famous for. It appeared over the final moments of HBO's Six Feet Under and opened the door to millions of new fans. It's a beautiful, touching song called Breathe Me:



Again, I apologize for the lousy footage, but I didn't want to get kicked out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I now realise where I know you from. I'm Jonathon, from AIM (signifiedstrange)