Friday, March 21, 2008

Like A Lick Of Ice Cream

I'm spending my Friday night attempting to make sense of my rushed packing from my previous move. I don't think that I realized just how daunting a task condensing everything I currently own into one car load. Yep, I've gone from a huge 960 sq ft. apartment to a nice sized spare bedroom to a Ford Focus. One good thing is really coming out of this task, though, I'm coming across music in my collection that I may have tossed to the side after only one listen or had overlooked entirely.

I've had Beat (Health, Life And Fire) by Thao Nguyen with Get Down Stay Down on heavy rotation for the past few months and felt it was time to revisit their album for something fresh. And while today there seems to be a new female singer-songwriter along the same lines as her, she manages to stand out despite there not being too much to help distinguish her from the pack. Aside from the album, We Brave Stings And All being a solid effort and the subtle sense of rawness. Okay, I'm kind of getting off of my point...which is that I'm in love with a new track, Bag Of Hammers. In it she asks her lover not to leave, but to stay so they can rebuild their relationship. At least that's what I take away from it. Whatever it is about, it's has a great beat and chorus. Makes me want to get up and dance...if only I could.




No comments: