Thursday, March 13, 2008

Heartache All My Own

I love Dolly Parton! And really, who doesn't? Who couldn't? She one of the most genuine celebrities alive, as she hasn't let the fame go to her head...she's let them go to her breasts. But behind those breasts is pure talent and a spirit that keeps us coming back for more. After spending the past few albums devoted to bluegrass and gospel, she's made a welcome return to mainstream country. Her new set, Backwoods Barbie, proves once again her tremendous knack for storytelling and songwriting. From ho downs to heartbreak, she's been through it all and expresses it through song better than anyone else. While my favourite album off the album is Cologne, I'm not displaying it here because I already featured it over in the right hand column as required listening a few weeks ago. Instead, I'm offering up another fantastic track called The Tracks Of My Tears.






1 comment:

Doghigh said...

Exactly! Who wouldn't love Dolly? No one I need to know! :-)

Backwoods Barbie is one of the few good things I can say about my "free" trial subscription to emusic.com. Well that and Glass Candy.

Just found your blog through Jim's blog and I love it! You've got varied and interesting music choices here. Thanks for sharing!