Tuesday, April 03, 2007

It's A Date...Well, Not Quite

A few weeks ago, I met L. We had made plans for a date, but he cancelled at the last minute because he really wasn't ready for a relationship. Yeah, I know, it was just brunch, not a commitment ceremony.

Now, unlike some people, I am willing to give people a second chance...depending on the circumstances. In this instance, he wants to start off as friends. As our first foray into this new friendship, I will be joining him at this Sunday's Pooch Parade. Here's the catch: his friends will be there. Since I agreed to go, I now have to find a friend to tag along w/ me so I don't feel like the only odd man out. I wouldn't need to do this if I were more comfortable and talkative around new people, but I know how I get and need the comfort of someone I am familiar w/ to keep me relaxed (damn social anxiety).

For those that are not familiar w/ the Pooch Parade, it is an annual event held on Easter that can best be described as a cross between a dog show and a gay pride parade. I will definitely be posting pictures on Sunday after the event.

5 comments:

muse-ic said...

well, it certainly sounds like fun! hope you find someone to go with & i look forward to seeing the photos

Daddy Cool said...

Seems very un-date-like to me.

Can't wait to see the pics!

The Persian said...

I know what you mean about Social Anxiety. I can't wait to see the pictures. :)

*hugs*

gayborhood gringo said...

Brian - It's not a date or even a maybe date. It's a foot in the door, though.

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Situations like this are kinda useless if you ask me - as far as getting to know someone goes. Been there! And, it was kind of silly for this guy to put so much pressure on you right away...but that is just my 2 cents. On the other hand, it IS something.