Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Small Things

Do you remember back in elementary and/or middle school (hell, maybe even high school for some of you) when you got to play those now ancient DOS games on the "computer?" More specifically, the program that would speak (phonetically) whatever you type. Everyone in my class would spend hours entering in curse words and sentences calling whoever the teacher was a bitch (or, as the computer would say it, "BEE-iatch").

This morning I received a text message from a friend that asked, "how's work?". I hit reply and started typing my response. Although I didn't apply enough pressure when I hit the reply button, so I stayed in the same screen. I was typing my message and when I hit 'space' I heard someone say, "How's work?" So I've apparently been exerting precious energy and time reading text messages when I could just press a button and have them read to me! It's the little things that bring me the most joy.

How sad, this is the highlight of my day!

No comments: