Monday, June 30, 2008

And I Drink Your Love

I promised you I'd be posting today and what better time to do so than during an unexpected layover? I'm making my way down to Florida for business...but you don't come here for my ramblings. You come here for the music, so I'll get on with it.

Canadian singer-songwriter Matthew Barber has already scored a number one hit in his homeland and I think it's about time he conquer America. Okay, very slim chance of that happening with the current tastes of most Americans. Given the opportunity (which isn't likely, either), he could very well storm the adult contemporary charts. While his lyrics are simple and a tad trite, he somehow makes it work. If you're anything like me, you'll find yourself putting him on repeat.

Listen to And You Give, the first single from the new album, Ghost Notes.








Like what you hear? Then check him out over on MySpace for additional songs and upcoming performances. Pick up his album via iTunes (use link below) or get in the old fashioned format via Amazon (import only).

Matthew Barber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, just wanted to thank you for all the artists you make me discover, even if I already knew a lot, which is surprisingly cool because we have same taste in music, I love this Matthew Barber, I think I will have to check often your blog now haha ;)
Enjoy your weekend man!

French girl from Paris (France, not Texas :D)