Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Hundred Millions Ways To Break A Heart

I'm making a conscious effort to bring more male artists into the fold. For a while there my playlist consisted of female singers and female-fronted bands, so that was reflected on my blog. But now that I'm finding worthy songs from male artists, I need to start posting here.

One such artist is Benji Hughes. It's hard to pin him down, but he's kind of a mixture of Beck and The Eels. The tracks are a bit lighter and fun, though. And he definitely doesn't look anything like I thought he would. The song I have here is called You Stood Me Up, and it's about exactly what you'd think. He gets stood up by a girl. It's a really great track that's a nice summer vibe. Enjoy!








If you like what you hear, head over to iTunes (via the link below) to pick up his EP, A Little Extreme. His double disc album A Love Extreme is due out next month.

Benji Hughes

1 comment:

sleepmonk said...

Nice post about Benji Hughes. Check out my blog for another song of his and some background on him.
He is extremely talented and extremely shy. He has written songs for Burt Bacharach, Alice Cooper,"Let's Duet" from Walk Hard movie and he also came up with the Captain Morgan's Rum, "Put a little Captian in you" jingle.

He's from Charlotte,North Carolina
and still lives here and I see him around town when he's not on tour.

Well have a great weekend.

Robert Lewis
http://sleepmonk.blogspot.com/