Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Careless In Our Summer Clothes

As I've previously mentioned, this past Friday I went to Celebrate Brooklyn, a free concert in Brooklyn's Prospect Park. The performers were locals Sam Champion and Elvis Perkins In Dearland, with not-so-local headliner Cold War Kids. Champion and Perkins were both great, but, as expected, Cold War Kids put on a phenomenal performance. With this band, you either like them or hate them, no real in between. At least in regards to their work in the studio. Their live performances are a whole other thing. Granted, most people were showing up because they are fans, but there were also a lot of folks checking them out for the first time...but everyone was really enjoying their set. As of right now, I have only been able too upload one video (performing 'Hang Me Up To Dry') since it took much longer than expected to load. I'll post the others once I've been able to get those up on YouTube.

No comments: