Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Prospect(ive) Park

Since moving to NYC about a month ago, I've discovered that I'm far more popular with the men here than back in Texas. Maybe they smell fresh meat. Or it could just be that I feel more comfortable here than I have elsewhere. Or maybe there's just something in the water that impacts their judgment. Whatever it is, I'm enjoying the attention. There's been a drought for the past two and a half years, so all the attention is really rather refreshing. A little strange for me, though, since I'm not used to it yet.

That being said, I went on my first date since this past Friday. It was with an attractive fellow that I had bumped into the previous weekend. We enjoyed a movie (The Strangers), followed by coffee. While we have a second date lined up for Friday, I'm not holding my breath. It isn't that I'm necessarily being pessimistic, it's just that there hasn't been a second date in the past three years. If it happens, it happens. At this point, I'm really just focused on having some fun, not necessarily looking for a boyfriend. Not that I'm opposed to that either.

Speaking of having fun, I actually have another date this weekend w/ another very recent transplant from Texas. Well, it's kind of a date. We're both really attracted to each other, but are trying to approach this first as friends. That's why we are doing non-typical date activities, such as shopping for window a/c units. He'll also be meeting my friends and me out in Prospect Park for Brooklyn Pride that night.

So yeah, I'm really loving NYC. It's just amazing to finally feel at home somewhere.

3 comments:

Trunk Guy said...

As you know I am really pleased to hear about your progress in NYC - best of luck with your dates!

Anonymous said...

P.S. : My boyfriend of fifteen years disagrees with me on this, and feels every American has a legal and moral right to move anywhere else in the U.S. he wants to. As long as he's willing to pay the local taxes! -MJ

gayborhood gringo said...

umm...i don't think Mike has really read my blog. i don't do drugs. i don't hate or discriminate. i adore new yorkers, hence the move to nyc. and sorry mike, nyc ain't your city - you don't own it.