Saturday, June 21, 2008

Best.Concert.EVER

Last night I saw The Ting Tings at Southpaw in Brooklyn, and it was hands down the best concert I've been to. Okay, so I may be a little biased considering they are my favourite band, but there is a reason that it was sold out last night. Their set list played out like a greatest hits set would for a band that's been around much longer. Each song had the entire club dancing, jumping about and singing. Yes, just about everyone there seemed about as in love with The Ting Tings as me.

Katie White (pictured) and Jules De Martino infused so much energy and fun into their performance that it didn't really matter that some of us had waited nearly three hours to hear 10 songs. Thankfully, I was one of those few that was there early, which got me a spot front and center at that stage. Little did I know that by the end of the night I would have White's crotch in my face on multiple occasions. She was constantly jumping over the equipment and getting right at the edge of the stage...her favourite spot being directly in front of me. Had I known that I was able to bring my camera, I would have been able to get close ups of her pores. I will say this, she's become far more greater presence on stage than some of the early footage I've seen. Meanwhile, Jules De Martino (who I must say I have a slight crush on) was pretty much confined to his drums, but he was equally energetic. I just wish he would take his sunglasses off for once.

Oh, and lest I forget, their opening act, Anni Rossi, was amazing. She did wonders with just her voice, a violin and a suitcase. Definitely check her out.

Please go visit The Ting Tings' Myspace page to find out if they are coming to a city near you. If so, I highly recommend you go see them. You won't regret it.

1 comment:

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Truthfully, you can't claim to live in NYC if you live in Brooklyn - any Manhattanite will scratch your eyes out! *WINK* I'm 1/2 serious. I LOVE Brooklyn - been going there since I was a youngster, and I have family in Brooklyn heights (and also in Manhattan), and several friends there. I'll be a resident of New York State soon myself - took an assistant professorship with the State University of New York/Buffalo State College - so will be dividing my time between Seattle, Buffalo and (finally) Paris (Paris is to me what New York seems to be to you). Woo hoo!