Monday, July 30, 2007

McWiderstand

...Or McResistance in English. Berlin neighbourhood Kreuzberg is pitching a fit about the latest McDonald's that is being built there, citing the encouragement to eat unhealthy food and traffic congestion. Read more about it HERE (yeah, I know some of you liberals out there won't like the site it takes you to, but get over it).

For those of you that don't know, I'm all for bringing down McDonald's. For starters, they serve low quality, fattening foods. It also stems from way back when I first became vegan and joined PETA (which I quickly distanced myself from cause they are way too extreme), as the non-profit organization had a massive campaign against the chain "restaurant." Now I refuse to set foot in any McDonald's owned establishment (stood outside one last year in Washington D.C. and froze my ass off while my friends used the restroom - it's the principle) or allow any of it in my home or vehicle. A little insane, maybe, but I hate them with a passion. Oddly enough, I have nothing against any of the other fast food chains. ha.

No comments: