Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A Series Of Unfortunate Events, Part III

Finally, I ventured out w/o anyone else. The one place I knew (from my also disastrous trip to Vegas last year) was a little place called Krave. I had never been, but had walked past it when I was trying to find my drunk boyfriend (thankfully he’s my ex now) that was wondering the streets. Krave wasn’t at all what I was expecting. I was thinking something more along the lines of JR’s (which you’d know what I’m talking about if you lived in Dallas or Houston). Much to my delight, it was a nightclub. I had something to watch (people dancing), so I wouldn’t just be leaning against the wall or something. As I walked around surveying the club, I noticed that there was a stage out on the dance floor. On the stage, there was a couch, and, stretched out on the couch was a guy (dressed only in underwear, of course). At first, I thought he was performing and was just going to be on the couch for a moment, but he never budged. That was his job, to site on stage and lay on a couch. Even when there were others that would come out and do some strip-teasing. But I’ll move on. For most of the evening, I was just standing around. Okay, not entirely true. Yes, I was just standing there, but there was a guy that I think was showing some interest. He, too, was there alone. We started off not too close to each other, but eventually we found ourselves standing right next to each other. Of course, neither of us would make eye contact w/ each other nor make the first move. He eventually ventured off somewhere else in the club and I saw him talking to some guy. Then, as I walked past him, this Keith (of Project Runway 3) look-alike asked his hag what she thought of me. I don’t think that I was supposed to have heard him (although maybe I was) asking her to give him her opinion of me, but I did and noticed that I didn’t get very high marks from her. Which I was thankful for, cause Keith isn’t cute at all.

Then there was stalker boy. I thought stalker boy was cute at first, but he quickly turned weird after the first time we made eye contact. Normally, when I make eye contact w/ someone that I am interested in and that is interested in me, a smile or something is exchanged. Stalker Boy didn’t do anything but stare. It made me uncomfortable. If someone is looking directly at me for a long period of time, I find it incredibly difficult to look at them. Stalker Boy kept moving around, too. I’d start feeling eyes on me, and I’d turn and there he was. But not standing out in the open. He would kind of hide behind objects and people. It was just weird and I quickly grew uninterested. That’s when I walked past this gorgeous latin boy. He had these beautiful dark eyes that just sucked me right in. Of course, because he showed interest, I panicked and just kept walking past him. And, as usual, once I had built up enough courage to approach him, I couldn’t find him. At this point, they closed down the club and the party moved to the bar next door. Typically, this is the point when everyone in Dallas pretty much goes home, so I went to the coat check and got my coat. As I was walking to the exit, though, I noticed that essentially everyone was going to the bar (I forgot that they don’t stop serving alcohol as they do here). I was still going to leave, but then made eye contact w/ the cute boy again. I made it to the exit door and was about to walk out when I turned around and went back. I didn’t really have the money, but I bought some more drinks just so I had something to do other than stand there looking pathetic.

Cute boy and his girl eventually ended up over by me. We continued making eye contact and were both smiling. I still couldn’t walk over to him, though. That’s when two guys bumped into me trying to get to the bar (which I was leaning against). They apologized and then started asking me if I was by myself and from out of town. They seemed friendly enough, so I thought, what the hey, and decided to work on my social skills a little. We chatted for a while and they eventually started introducing me to their friends. And guess who one of their friends was? No, not Stalker Boy (who, btw, was still stalking me from a distance and was not thrilled about me making friends despite the fact he had found someone). It was cute boy! Actually, he does have a name – Abraham. Turns out that, while he understands English, he speaks very little of it. So we couldn’t really have a conversation, but, you know, that’s not really what I wanted from him anyway. JUST KIDDING!!! Contrary to popular belief, I am not a whore! Haha. We exchanged phone numbers and e-mail address, but agreed to meet up for lunch Sunday (the following day) before I left. Sadly, he never called or anything. It isn’t like I was expecting much, I mean; we don’t even live in the same state. Maybe he was just too nervous about the whole language barrier w/o his friend there to help translate. I don’t know. What I do know is that he seemed very interested, but maybe I was mistaken.

As for the flight home…worst flight ever! For me, at least. I’ve been flying for well over 15 years now, and this was the first time I honestly thought that something bad was going to happen. The plane hit a little turbulence and the fasten seat belt light came on. Fine. Then it wasn’t fine. The plane was shaking, dropping (or at least it felt like it) and other terribly fun things. The captain came on and calmly asked the passengers to take their seats. Then it got worse, especially the dropping. The captain came back on, and, w/ a little more urgency, said, “flight attendants please be seated.” Not two seconds later and after another big drop, he gets on and yells, “flight attendants SIT DOWN NOW!!” They had been ignoring him up until this point. That’s when I really started panicking. I really felt like this was it and immediately started planning my escape route and who I was going to have to push out of my way as I tried to escape the plane. Okay, I wouldn’t do that, but I was trying to brace myself for the possibility of a crash. Thankfully, we eventually leveled out and landed safely. Although, once on the ground, we lost all power on the plane twice!

Okay, so that's really it for the bitching. I seriously have not had time to upload pictures yet, but will try to do so tonight.

1 comment:

The Persian said...

maybe Stalker boy was just shy. That's too bad that Abraham didn't call.