Thursday, October 12, 2006

Not Ready To Make Nice

Saturday is my sister's wedding. While I'm anxious for that, I am not too thrilled to be in the same room as my biological father and his wife. I have not seen either of them since Christmas of '98.

As the big day has been rapidly approaching, I have been debating how I should handle our inevitable reunion. Should I hug him, shake his hand or do neither? I'm actually not worrying about that now, as I've already decided I'll probably just shake his hand. I'm not too happy w/ him and his wife now, as they have stirred up some drama.

My step-mother likes to cause trouble. She's a pig-nosed little witch (replace the w w/ a b). Anyway, she informed my father that he would be walking my sister down the aisle, but, when it came to actually giving her away, our step-father would also be there to answer "we do". According to Nancy (my step-mother), my father was not too please to hear this, so she e-mailed my sister telling her that she needed to reconsider the whole thing so as not to ruin it for my father and to keep him from making a scene. So she's not only trying to control the wedding, she's also doing it through threats. She'd rather see it ruined than happen any other way but her own.

My sister let her know that she would not be changing her plans and that reminded them that this was her wedding and she would call all the shots. To my knowledge, they have yet to respond. So, I may not even have to encounter them this weekend. Which, while nice for me, would put a damper on my sister's big day.

This is a perfect example of why I choose not to have my father and his wife in my life.

Anyway....I will try to post something if I can get an internet connection while in Vegas this weekend.

1 comment:

The Persian said...

What an incredibly insensitive woman your step-mother is. She needs to realize it is your sister's day and all considerations should be made for HER and not your father. It's apparent (although I do not know the details of your sister's relationship with Dad) that your step-dad is special enough to your sister that she chose HIM over her biological father to give her away. In my book that says a lot about your step-dad. It seems from your post your father messed up big time, and as painful as it might be for him, he needs to keep his mouth shut and feel privledged he is even invited.

Hopefully it doesn't prove to be an uncomfortable day for you. I completely understand what you are going through, having come from much the same situation myself.

*Hugs*