Thursday, June 01, 2006

Things Have Changed

After my last break up in January, I decided on two things. I was going to pursue my dream of moving to NYC and I wasn’t going to date (at least not until I moved). There were two determining factors in my second choice. I had just gone through a break up with the first person I truly loved, and I also didn’t want another relationship to get in my way of making it to NYC.

Fast forward five months later, and I have decided that I am going to leave myself open to dating. I’m not going to pursue it, but I’m not going to close myself off to it.

Why have I brought this up, you ask? Tomorrow night I’m going out drinking with Adam. No, silly, it isn’t a date. I am; however, going to be meeting up with this guy that I’ve been talking to on Myspace for the past couple of months. We were supposed to meet two weeks ago, but it just didn’t work out. Then I was out of town this past weekend, so we agreed to finally meet tomorrow. And this meeting is far from a date, nor do I think that this is going to turn into anything more than a friendship. I guess I’m just nervous because the possibility of something more developing is there now. Had we met two weeks ago, the only possibility would have been a friendship. Now I’d be open to a date…assuming we hit it off in that way, of course.

Honestly, being open to dating is something that I hadn’t planned on feeling like doing this soon. It’s funny how one small detail can totally change your entire perspective on things. Where once I was completely hung up on someone, I’m now finding myself being able to move on. Besides, loving someone that doesn’t love you back just plain sucks, so I’m happy to be moving on.

No comments: