Saturday, June 10, 2006

I'm Better

WAMU (Washing Mutual for those who don't bank there) has switched from Visa to MasterCard, so I got my new debit card in the mail today. Apparently, it isn't just any old debit card. It is a GOLD debit card. I don't quite know what the difference is, but I can only assume that I'm now better than all of you out there that have a normal one. What else could it possibly mean?

Oh, and I finally got Apple to replace my old iPod. I've been in three times before to get it repaired since it keeps freezing up on me. The first time, a cute "genius" (as they are called) told me that I could send in for a replacement for $40. I was strapped for cash that week and asked if I could return the following weekend after I got paid. He said sure. When I returned, a different "genius" told me that he could not replace it since it was working now and the guy I spoke w/ the previous weekend had not made notes stating that I would be returning the following week (not much a genius now is he?). It froze a third time and I went in yet again, and was told by the cute "genius" that it was most likely due to my anti-virus software. So, fast forward another month, and my iPod's warranty is up. So I'm out jogging today and at the halfway mark, it freezes up. Thankfully, the Apple Store is on my route, so I stopped in. The cute "genius" remembered me and agreed that my iPod was pretty much FUBAR. So I sign some papers and he hands me an iPod. I go to hand him my GOLD debit card, and he flashes me a smile and says, "I've taken care of it."

A friend of mine asked if I got his number since it seems to me like he was possibly flirting, but, sadly, I did not. I'm not that smooth. I don't even know for sure if he was flirting, or, for that matter, if he really hooked me up or if all replacements are free if they are in stock at the store (although he did tell me the first time that it would be $40). Besides, unless I know for a fact that they are gay, I will never risk the embarrasment of asking someone out again. Five years ago, my best friend (the one in Houston) convinced me that Whole Foods Guy (this guy I had a crush on...try to guess where he worked) had been "totally checking [me] out" when I went through his line once. So, foolishly, I built up enough balls to go back to the store and ask him out. I was only able to get "Would you like to..." out before I saw that look of horror on his face. I quickly apologized and dashed out.

But back to the whole GOLD card thing. Is it a coincidence that all the times I tried to get a replacement and couldn't, I had my normal debit card. But now that I have my GOLD debit card, I suddenly get it replaced (and for free!)? I think not. I have a feeling that things are only going to get better for me from here on out.

Yep, I know you bitches wish you were me right now!

1 comment:

Adam said...

Great now you're going to be signing "don't you wish your debit was gold like me?" Well my debit card is platinum so there. Hahaha.

I LOVE the whole foods guy story.