Monday, April 24, 2006

Woke up this morning...

And my allergies were kicking my butt. Well, they still are, so I had to come home from work. I normally tough it out; however, my eyes were burning so intensley that I could not keep them open. So now I'm back home and catching up on The Sopranos.

Yesterday, I hung out w/ my friends K. and D. We went to the Art Festival in Fort Worth.



There were a lot of okay artists there, but mostly just a bunch of people peddling their shit for way more than they should have been asking. I'm not sure who buys this stuff or how much these people actually sell. Even prints were priced at over $500. I understand that they are trying to make a living, but some of it seemed a little absurd. There was on artist in particular, though. He had some amazing stuff. I thought that I would remember his name, so I didn't write it down, but I've forgotten it now that I'm writing about him. It figures. They don't like you taking pictures of their work, but I managed to sneak this one of his piece Adam & Eve:



He had a lot of interesting pieces, and, if I remember his name, I will do another post about him. Later that evening, my best friend, K., and I (pictures below) saw the movie Silent Hill. It was alright, not the best movie, but decent enough. I had no idea what the main character (the mom) was thinking when she did half the things that she did, but, once I got over that, I let myself enjoy it. Also, you could tell that it was based off a video game by the way it played out:



Oh, btw, my sister is officially engaged. Her fiance woke up her up at 3 a.m. Saturday morning and popped the question. We all knew she would say yes because they were already planning the wedding, so it was all about catching her when she would least expect it. Here's a pic of the ring:

2 comments:

Adam said...

I love your assesment of the art festival. You've been to one, you've been to them all.

joey said...

The Adam and Eve is really interesting. Please share the artists name if you remember. And congrats on getting a new brother - even if it's an "in-law"!