Monday, April 10, 2006

The Man Comes Around

This is my third attempt at starting this blog up. I really do not feel that I was motivated enough before, but my friend Adam (of The Krebs Cycle fame) has really inspired me. I've been reading his blog and listening to his podcasts for the past few weeks and now I am eager to get into at least blogging. Maybe eventually the podcasting, but I hate my voice too much to consider that right now.

I don't really know where to start, so I guess I will tell you a little about myself. I'm a 26 yr. old gay man currently residing in the gayborhood of Dallas, TX. I work the call center for one of the leading GPOs in the healthcare industry, so it takes a lot of effort on my part to maintain a positive attitude considering I listen to a lot of people bitch. It isn't my dream job or what I see myself doing for the rest of my life, but it pays very well and has domestic partner benefits…now all I need is a domestic partner to share it w/. Which leads me into my marital status…I'm single. I'm coming out of two break-ups in the last eight months. The first was back in August. It was a three year relationship (and my very first one actually) and I couldn't wait to get out of it. It wasn’t a healthy relationship at all. One month later, I met the love of my life. He's an incredible man that I fall more and more in love w/ every day. Sadly, we broke up back in January. I still consider him my best friend and I'm so fortunate to have him in my life still. That being said, I had retreated into my own little world after the break up, not wanting to talk to or see anyone. Then about four weeks ago, I decided that I wanted no more to do w/ being a Debbie Downer. I made it my mission to turn my attitude around, to get out and experience new things and meet new people. To just be as happy as I possibly can. I think I have pretty much succeeded in doing so. I feel incredible. And so I believe I'm up to the challenge of maintaining a blog now. I feel refreshed and invigorated.

Oh, and I’m saving (which is something I’m notoriously horrible at doing) so I can move to NYC. It’s been my dream for so many years now, so hopefully I will not let silly little gadgets or other unnecessary purchases get in the way. The plan right now is to have enough money saved to move there this time next year. Only time will tell.

So…here's to the first of hopefully many more posts to come!

2 comments:

Adam said...

Welcome to the blogosphere my friend.

Anonymous said...

HEY JEFF,
OH MY GOSH, you look GREAT!
One HOT HOTTIE! Makes me wish you were straight. LOL Thanks for being such a devouted, loyal and wonderful friend all these years.
I sincerely appreciate it.
Perhaps this site will be a fabulous vehicle for many others to find out just how terrific you are!
Much Love oxoxox's
Bunny