Monday, April 17, 2006

Make Them Hear You

April 18th, 2006 National Blog Voter Registration Drive

If you are not already registered to vote, you need to do so. You may think that your one vote won't make a difference, but it can...and it does! Be heard. You have nobody to blame except yourself if you don't get out and vote.

Visit Hypoxic. This blogger is spearheading the campaign.

Then hop over to vote-smart.org and register to vote! It's easy.

I'm not one to generally bring up politics, but I've only recently realized just how important it is. I've spent the majority of my life kind of living in my own little bubble. I didn't want to watch or read about anything political. I enjoyed my "happy" little world and didn't want something like reality ruining that. I grew up in a family where politics were never discussed. In fact, I was actually encouraged NOT to vote. My mother would always say, "that's how they get you!" She was referring to jury duty, of course. So I always had a negative impression of both. It wasn't until much later that I realized how foolish her logic was. I'm opening my eyes up to what's going on around me. There is too much shit going on to not want to make a difference. Oh, btw, my mother is now a registered voter!

Now that you have the resources at your fingertips, do your part. You have no excuses. And remember, you can't complain unless you vote!

Peace

No comments: