Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Somewhere Else

I spent this weekend in a small town in northern Indiana, which meant that I had to fly into Chicago! So I took this opportunity to spend a few hours downtown shopping at my favorite store, H&M. If you haven’t heard of this store, I refer to it as the IKEA of clothing. They both Swedish and their products are cheap, durable and trendy. The one exception is that, at H&M, you don’t have to assemble the clothes yourself. I spent $410, but managed to get a lot: 5 dress shirts, 1 casual button down shirt, 2 slacks, 1 jacket (not a suit), 2 cute pairs off underwear, some socks and 2 bracelets.

(okay, I didn’t take this photo obviously, considering it was in the seventies and no need for winter coats or anything)




I didn’t have much time, as I had to rush back to O’Hare to pick up my mom, sister and her fiancĂ©, but I did manage to see some of the city outside of the store.







John Hancock Building




It was my mother’s birthday on Friday, so we took her to dinner at a nice little tapas restaurant, Emilio’s. I liked this restaurant because it has two different atmospheres. Indoors is a little more intimate and dressy, while the patio is more laid back. I was personally dressed more appropriately for the latter; however, my sister felt it was too cold to sit out there. The food was pretty good, although nothing to sit and rave about. Had we been kicking back on the patio having a few beers, I think the whole experience would have been a lot better. I would definitely go back.

Saturday was my cousin’s wedding in LaPorte, IN. Okay, so she isn’t technically my cousin, at least not by blood. She is my aunt’s best friend’s daughter, and they are, for all intents and purposes, family, despite the lack of blood relation. So, that being said, it was different to be at a family event where the only people I knew were my aunt and her boyfriend. But I digress. We had fun despite not knowing anybody. And let me just say, breeders are a strange bunch. Guys are acting like fools just trying to impress the women to get some pussy, while the women think they look hotter than they really are. I know us gays aren’t much better, but at least the majority of us have some rhythm. Myself not included, of course.

Me, my mother, Staci (the bride, obviously), my aunt and my sister




The bride and groom's first dance




We threw a wedding shower for my sister on Sunday. Since her wedding is in Vegas and the chapel can only hold 30 people (standing), nobody there is able to attend. So we had a little Vegas themed party so everyone could meet her fiancé.

My sister and her fiance (both really drunk)




Monday was absolutely dreadful. O’Hare was extremely hot, flights were delayed due to storms somewhere between Chicago and Dallas, and then, once on the plane, we were delayed again due to severe storms passing through Chicago. So I didn’t get home until after 11 p.m. I’m just thankful I made it home safely.

I know it isn't a great pic, but if you can see it, there are a bunch of planes lined up waiting for their turn to take off. We sat there for over two hours.



Now it’s time to get to bed. It’s approaching 11 p.m. and I told myself I would be in bed by 8 p.m. tonight since I didn’t get any sleep/rest the entire weekend. I blame Adam! Not really. He called me up and asked me to have dinner with him. I went, but only because he offered me a sexual favor in return. But, as usual, the bastard didn’t keep up his end of the bargain. It was still a pleasant evening. After the weekend and the drama that went down last night with an ex, it was so nice to be able to sit down and have a relaxing conversation with a friend over some naan and veggie pakodas and samosas.

1 comment:

Adam said...

You look tres chic at the wedding my friend. Maybe if you wore that to dinner last night I would have been more forthcoming. I am still full from that food last night arrrghh.