Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Put Your Records On 06.07

Much to my delight, I received an advanced copy of Sam's Town by The Killers this morning. It's the much hyped follow up to the band's multi-platinum Hot Fuss. The lead singer, Brandon Flowers, has even touted it as the best album released in the past twenty years (in his defense, he's really proud of his work and knows now to keep such thoughts to himself). With all the hype and it being their sophomore effort n' all, I was assuming the worst. I gave it a quick listen to before heading off to work, and I think it's actually really great. It is still very Killersesque, but it is trying to be bigger and more epic where the last one veered a little more pop. Here are a few of the stand out tracks:

Track: Bling (Confessions Of A King)


Track: Bones


Track: For Reasons Unknown (my favourite so far)


Track: Sam's Town


Track: Read My Mind


Track: This River Is Wild


Because I'm friend's w/ Brandon Flowers' brother (I don't allow that to affect my opinion of their work, though) and have been a fan since before they were even signed, I strongly urge you to go out and buy this CD when it is released on October 2, 2006 in the UK and the following day (October 3) in the US. Click HERE to purchase it if you are in the UK or HERE if you are in the US.

No comments: