Sunday, July 13, 2008

Central Park Summer Stage LAMC

Yesterday Summer Stage hosted a concert in Central Park with performers Julieta Venegas, Plastilina Mosh and DJ Bitman. Unfortunately for me (at least at first, Bon Jovi was also performing in the park. No, I didn't want see that band, but I ended up standing in line to see him for two hours because where I entered the line (after walking south five blocks just to get to the end of it) there was no information about who was performing, just that it was for a concert. Thankfully by the time we moved up six blocks there were people standing around directing people to the concert I was there for. Of course, that meant standing in yet another long line when I could have already been in the venue. I was pissed but quickly got over it once the show started up. DJ Bitman got the crowd warmed up. From what I heard yesterday, his style reminded me of the band Avalanche (if they were to add the occasional rap in, that is).

Bitman was followed by Plastilina Mosh and their mix of dance, rap and rock. They started off very strong and got the crowd dancing and jumping around. They hit a lull toward the latter half of the middle when they started experimenting a little, but then kicked it back into high gear as they wrapped up their set. See video below:





After a slew of ten minutes more, Julieta Venegas took the stage and had the crowd roaring. She was pretty amazing, but I'll let the video footage do the talking. Oh, and I know the video is really shaky, but keep in mind that at this point I had been standing for five or six hours and had to deal with people pushing their way through the already crammed together crowd. And it's just my digital camera, so no steady cam.

Here is Venegas performing her new song, El Presente



Venegas performing Eres Para Mi



I have several other performances from the show, check them out HERE.

For more pictures, click HERE

No comments: