Tuesday, July 15, 2008

All This Pain I've Tried To Hide

A couple weeks ago I was listening to some of my favourite songs from a couple years back. This included a few tracks from Red Book, a particularly strong pop album from the Glasgow band Texas. I've been a fan since the nineties, so it got me wondering when they would be putting out a new album since a couple years had passed. I put on checking because I've been particularly lazy as of late. Imagine my delight when, a few days later, I stumbled across a familiar name on a site I visit frequently. It started bugging me, so I looked it up. Turns out it's the lead singer, Sharleen Spiteri, and her solo debut hit stores yesterday. The first single, All The Times I Cried, is indistinguishable from her work with Texas, but that isn't a bad thing by any means. She's knows what her fans like and uses it to make the transition easier. Of course, the rest of the album, Melody, isn't much different either, it just has more of a retro-pop vibe.








Visit her MySpace page for additional info. Use the iTunes links below to pick up her new album if you're in the UK.

Sharleen Spiteri

No comments: