Friday, August 01, 2008

I Can't Help It If It's True

Pitchfork has just made me the happiest guy alive! They've debuted the first single, Id Engager, from Of Montreal's upcoming album Skeletal Lamping! This is something that I've been eagerly anticipating since first listening to their previous effort, the amazing Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer, just under two years ago.

A few weeks ago, I stumbled across another track from the album, Feminine Effects. While I absolutely love it, Id Engager, while kind of lacking a hook, is far more, well, engaging. It's also more along the lines of what they had to offer on Hissing Fauna..., although I've read that the rest may be more of a departure than this. If you enjoyed the previous album (most of my readers back then thought was far too funky) then you'll definitely love this single.






DOWNLOAD, courtesy of Pitchfork (Right click and 'save as...')

I strongly recommend you support this band (cause they are my favourite) by pre-ordering via Polyvinyl. It's a great deal, too. If you order the three different versions of the vinyl single in the package form, it costs you a mere $10. BUT WAIT! That's not all. The vinyl will also contain the link to download all the tracks in mp3 format. I just did my part and pre-ordered, so should you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, it's not an MP3 download of the entire album. It's very confusingly worded on the Polyvinyl site, but if you read the fine print, and if you're used to recent vinyl issues like this one, you'll see that it's MP3 downloads ONLY of the songs on the 7". Sorry t disappoint. : (