Thursday, April 10, 2008

Put Your Records On

My departure date is growing ever closer and I'm nearly finished with my packing, so I am working on posting on a more regular basis.

Today's posting is about a French artist by the name of Barbara Carlotti. I'm not able to find out any information about her in English as they are blocking a lot of sites here at work now. The album, L'ideal, was released in late March. The album's vibe is very French and (for me) conjures of memories of The Triplets Of Belleville (which is a delightful film if you haven't already seen it). Below is one of my favourite tracks from the album, Mademoiselle Opossum






Dying for more? Check her out on MySpace and you'll be treated to additional songs and tour dates. Buy her music via iTunes links below:

Barbara CarlottiUS (back catalog only)
Barbara CarlottiUK
Barbara CarlottiFrance

No comments: